Black Powder Epic Battles: French Middle & Old Guard
- 3 Reggimenti della Guardia (80 uomini per unità)
- Fanteria Leggera (24 figure)
- Fanteria di Marina della Guardia (30 Figure)
- Zappatori della Guardia (30 Figure)
- 3 Batterie di cannoni da 12 Libbre
- 3 Comandanti di Brigata
prodotto in plastica da assemblare e da dipingere. Colori e colla non forniti.
Napoleon created the Imperial Guard as an army within an army. To gain access to its hallowed ranks was the dream of many French soldiers. Better pay, food, uniforms and a swagger that carried them all over Europe – it was a post of great honour and they worshipped their Emperor. They were far from being palace guards however as long and active service made them crack soldiers who could be relied upon to get the job done.
This plastic set contains enough troops to field three Guard battalions (80 soldiers in each) with accompanying mounted officers. Old Guard are recognizable by the brass plate on front of their bearskin hats and the rear patch atop them. The Middle Guard bearskins didn't carry the brass plate or rear patch so these can be painted over as if fur. We have added a few extra heads; those who wish to further differentiate their units can replace some of them with the shako or the bonnet to convey the poorer supplied Middle Guard although it isn't mandatory!
Also included are units of Marines of the Guard (30 soldiers) and Engineers of the Guard (30 soldiers). These add a further dash of colour and variety to the French army. To cover the Guard in the attack Napoleon fielded 'His lovely daughters', large 12-pounder cannon, crewed by excellent gunners and which could reach out further than most Allied guns. A dangerous foe indeed...
- 3 x Guard Battalions of 80 Men each – with optional head options to represent poorer uniformed Middle Guard
- 3 x Mounted Brigade Commanders
- Marines of the Guard (30 Men)
- Engineers of the Guard (30 Men)
- 3 x Foot Artillery 12-pdrs
- 1 x Full-colour Napoleonic French flag leaflet.